- BUYER DEMAND: There is no doubt that the number one reason to list your home today is because buyers are out in very large numbers. If your home is in good condition and priced right, your home will probably sell within a couple of days if you hire an experienced Realtor. Buyers are about to pull their hair out waiting for more properties to hit the market. When we list homes, most of them get multiple offers within days.
- SUPPLY IS LOW: Once May hits, the listings are going to be popping up all over town and you will have immediate competition. This will slow down the sale of your property and increase the odds of lower offers for you. Right now is an amazing opportunity for you to take advantage of a seller’s market without much competition. Most of our listings are selling in under a week, many in a day.
- LESS PREPARATION NEEDED: Unless your home is in absolute need of exterior attention, go ahead and list your home now and don’t worry too much about every detail outside of your home. It’s too cold to plant flowers and it’s not the perfect climate for painting either. If you list now you get to skip the mulching, pass on the seeding, and you don’t even have to worry about cutting the grass. There are buyers ready to make offers on your home today!
- FAST TRACK TO CLOSING: Timing is key to getting your property to closing faster than usual. Most sellers wait until late spring and summer to sell their home, therefore Realtors, home inspectors, appraisers, and closing attorneys are super busy during those times. Selling your home now results in home inspectors being able to do their inspection within 5-7 days rather than 10-12 days, appraisals getting done in a couple of weeks rather than having to wait 30 days, and a closing getting to the table in 30-35 days rather than 45-50 days when the market is busy.
- PROVEN SERIOUS BUYERS: Let’s face it, you don’t want to waste any time dealing with buyers that are not serious and pre-approved for a loan. The buyers that are out in the cold are certainly your serious ones and they are ready to purchase. In the summer you will find a higher rate of buyers that are considering the idea of selling their home so they like to schedule showings and tour open houses to get ideas of designs and list prices. In the summer people are always looking for something to do and many people just enjoy watching HGTV and touring property. Let’s list your home today and only deal with serious buyers.
- MULTIPLE OFFERS DRIVE YOUR PRICE UP: Our goal as your Realtor is to do everything we can do drive the price up so that you get the best deal for your home. Right now the best opportunity to obtain multiple offers on your property is list today to attract the buyers that are waiting for more inventory. We have many techniques that will attract multiple offers. Once we receive multiple offers, we always do a round two to notify all parties that submitted an offer that we are now in a multiple offer situation. We are providing one last opportunity for all buyers to write their highest and best offer with an intended deadline for all buyers. When interviewing Realtors make sure to ask about multiple offer techniques. Some Realtors avoid multiple offers which results in a lower sale price for the seller.
- INTEREST RATES ARE LOW: The interest rates are the lowest that I’ve seen in the 11 years that I’ve been in the business. However, the Federal Reserve has once again hinted that rates will be increasing this year. This is just another reason to make sure you list today before the higher rates decrease the amount of buyers in the market. Low interest rates not only provide an opportunity for a large buyer’s pool for your home, but it allows you the opportunity to purchase your next home with a super low interest rate.
If you are in the market to sell your home this year, the evidence is clear, you should list today rather than wait for more competition and higher rates during the busy season.
The supply is low and buyer demand is high, creating the perfect opportunity for you to benefit from a seller’s market where you can sell fast while getting more money for your home in the process.
Custom Select Realty specializes in listing property and we offer a Menu of Marketing Services for sellers. Our clients select from our custom menu, the chosen marketing package determines the commission rate.
SELECT from our Menu of Marketing Services,
SAVE with competitive commission rates,
SELL fast with our innovative marketing options!
Rob Sightler, broker
Custom Select Realty
HUD Certified Broker
Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR)
Luxury Homes Specialist (ALHS)
Short Sale and Foreclosure Specialist (SFR)
Member of BIA, GLAR, SIRA, KCREA